red velvet skillet brownies
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cups (110g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tablespoons Dutch cocoa
- 1½ cups (265g) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ tablespoons red food colouring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the butter and half the chocolate in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add the flour, cocoa, sugar, eggs, food colouring and vanilla and whisk to combine. Divide the mixture between 2 x 15cm (4-cup-capacity) heavy-based ovenproof frying pans (skillets).
- Top with the remaining chocolate. Place on a large baking tray (see Tip) and cook for 22–24 minutes or until set but slightly soft in the middle.
- Allow to cool slightly on the tray before serving. Serves 6.
Place your skillets on top of a large baking tray before placing them in the oven. This will help catch any spills as the desserts cook and also make them easier to remove from the oven if using multiple skillets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.