flourless cacao fudge cake
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped
- ¾ cup (75g) raw cacao powder, plus extra for dusting
- 6 eggs
- 1¼ cups (220g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal (ground almonds)+
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Lightly grease a 22cm springform cake tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the butter and cacao in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth.
- Place the eggs and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until doubled in volume. Add the cacao mixture and almond meal and gently fold to combine.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 35–40 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool in the tin.
- Turn out and dust with extra cacao to serve. Serves 10–12
+ You can swap almond meal for hazelnut meal here, if you prefer.
donna hay team
Hi Jenny, yes, this is gluten free. Happy cooking! The DH team.
Is this recipe gluten free?