flourless cacao fudge cake
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped
- ¾ cup (75g) raw cacao powder*, plus extra for dusting
- 6 eggs
- 1¼ cups (220g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Lightly grease a 22cm springform cake tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the butter and cacao in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth.
- Place the eggs and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until doubled in volume. Add the cacao mixture and almond meal and gently fold to combine.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 35–40 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool in the tin.
- Turn out and dust with extra cacao to serve. Serves 10–12
*You can swap almond meal for hazelnut meal here, if you
There are no comments for this entry yet.