with raspberries and coconut
- 1 cup (260g) mashed banana
- ⅔ cup (160ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (220g) raw caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- ½ cup (40g) shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (125g) frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 10cm x 20cm (2-litre-capacity) loaf tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the mashed banana in a large bowl. Add the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, coconut and baking powder and mix until just combined. Add the raspberries and fold through.
- Pour the banana mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer+. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before placing onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice to serve. Serves 8-10
+ As every oven is different, if you find your banana bread is browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil for the last 20 minutes of cooking.
Photography: Chris Court
Wonderful recipe. I modified the recipe by making muffins instead of a loaf, baking at 170 Celsius (fan) for 20-25 mins.