pineapple, coconut and lemongrass popsicles
- 4 stalks lemongrass
- 1kg pineapple (about 1 pineapple), peeled, cored and chopped+
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- Cut 8 x 10cm lengths from the lemongrass stalks to use as popsicle sticks. Chop the remaining white parts of the lemongrass, reserving ¼ cup.
- Place the reserved lemongrass, the pineapple, coconut milk and sugar in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain the mixture through a sieve into a jug, discarding the solids, and divide between 8 x ⅓-cup-capacity (80ml) popsicle moulds. Cover with 2 layers of aluminium foil and freeze for 2 hours.
- Make a small incision in the foil in the centre of each mould and insert the lemongrass sticks. Freeze for a further 2–3 hours or until frozen. Makes 8
+ You can often buy chopped fresh pineapple in tubs in the refrigerated section of supermarkets and greengrocers – you’ll need 500g.
There are no comments for this entry yet.