banana and coconut muffins
- 3 cups (780g) roughly mashed banana (about 8 bananas)
- 1¼ cups (100g) shredded coconut
- 1 x quantity base muffin mixture (see recipe link under method)
- 1 tablespoon raw caster (superfine) sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins with paper cases and set aside.
- Add the banana and ¾ cup (60g) of the coconut to the muffin mixture and fold until just combined. Divide the mixture between the prepared tins.
- Place the sugar and the remaining coconut in a small bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle the muffins with the coconut sugar and bake for 25–30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Makes 12
TIPS + TRICKS
+ Sprinkling muffins with sugar before they’re baked gives them a crunchy golden crust.
+ Muffins freeze well – once cool, wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze. Thaw for lunchboxes or easy afternoon tea.
Photography: William Meppem
Just made this to use up a heap of banana’s - easy and simple. Used half coconut sugar to half caster sugar to reduce the sweetness in the muffin mix (lots added with the banana) and give a more caramel flavour
Love this basic muffin mix, so simple and versatile.
The banana coconut muffins were the best I’ve ever tasted and so say all of us!
Many thanks. Love all your work Donna and team.♡