Banana Bread Cookies
- 1 cup (260g) mashed ripe banana (about 2–3 bananas)
- 3 cups (360g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ½ cup (75g) coconut sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the banana, almond meal, coconut sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix to combine, using a spatula.
- Using clean damp hands (the fun part!) roll tablespoons of the banana mixture into balls. Arrange them on the trays and squish them slightly.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a little extra coconut sugar and lightly dust with extra ground cinnamon. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and crisp on the outside, but still soft on the inside.
- Wearing oven gloves, remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the trays before sneaking a bite. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Makes 16
You can swap almond meal for ground pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or ground sunflower seeds, if you like.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.