date and cinnamon muffins
- 2 cups (460g) fresh dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 x quantity base muffin mixture (see recipe link under method)
- 1 tablespoon raw caster (superfine) sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins with paper cases and set aside.
- Add the date and 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon to the muffin mixture and mix until just combined. Divide the mixture between the prepared tins.
- Place the sugar and the remaining cinnamon in a small bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle the muffins with the cinnamon sugar and bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Makes 12
TIPS + TRICKS
+ Sprinkling muffins with sugar before they’re baked gives them a crunchy golden crust.
+ Muffins freeze well – once cool, wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze. Thaw for lunchboxes or easy afternoon tea.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.