easy choc chip cookies
- 125g unsalted butter (very soft but not melted)
- ⅔ cup (160g) brown sugar (for that chew-factor)
- ⅓ cup (75g) raw caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 200g dark or milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the butter+, sugars and vanilla in a bowl and, using a spatula, mix well to combine. Add the egg and mix well, then add the flour and baking soda and stir to combine. Add the chocolate and fold through.
- With clean hands (the fun part!) roll 1⁄3 cupfuls (80ml) of the mixture into balls and place on the baking tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until golden. Wearing oven gloves, remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the trays before sneaking a bite! Makes 8
+ Make sure your butter is soft and squidgy, but not melted. If it has melted a little, just pop it in the fridge for a few minutes.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.