easy spaghetti bolognese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800g beef mince
- 2 x 400g tinned diced tomatoes
- 50g flat pancetta
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400g spaghetti
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and garlic, and cook for 4–6 minutes until softened.
- Add the beef mince and cook, breaking up any large lumps with a wooden spoon, for 8–10 minutes or until browned. Add the tomato, pancetta, thyme, rosemary, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, and mix to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes or until thickened and reduced.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 6–8 minutes or until al dente. Drain. Divide between bowls and top with the bolognaise and parmesan to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.