gingernut caramel sandwiches
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (90g) golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups (225g) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ cup (55g) white sugar
- 1 cup (300g) store-bought thick caramel
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the butter, vanilla, sugar and golden syrup in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8–10 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Add the egg and beat for 2–3 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Add the flour, ginger, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda and mix until a smooth dough forms. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Roll tablespoons of dough into balls, to make 28 balls. Coat in white sugar. Place on large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, allowing room to spread. Cook for 12 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool slightly on trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread tablespoons of caramel onto half the biscuits and sandwich with remaining biscuits to serve. Makes 14
There are no comments for this entry yet.