matcha green tea ice-cream
in pistachio and white chocolate cones
- 3 cups (750ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 cup (160g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder+
pistachio and white chocolate cones
- 200g white chocolate melts, melted
- ½ cup (70g) slivered pistachios
- 6 store-bought waffle cones
- Place the cream, milk, icing sugar, vanilla and matcha in a large jug and whisk until the sugar and matcha are dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a 20 x 30cm metal cake tin and freeze for 2½ hours or until firm and just frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and, using a butter knife, carefully break up the mixture into small pieces.
- Place the mixture in a food processor, in 2 batches, and process for 1–2 minutes or until just smooth, breaking up any large pieces with a spoon. Spoon into a 2-litre-capacity loaf tin and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- While the mixture is freezing, make the pistachio and white chocolate cones. Place the chocolate and pistachio in separate small bowls. Dip the top of 1 of the cones into the chocolate, tapping lightly to remove any excess. Dip into the pistachio to coat and place upright in a glass to set. Repeat with remaining cones.
- Scoop the ice-cream into the cones to serve. Makes 1.6 litres and 6 cones
+ Matcha is a powdered green tea from Asian food stores and tea stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.