Quinoa and blueberry power bars
- ¾ cup (165g) coconut or raw caster sugar
- ¾ cup (240g) almond butter
- ⅓ cup (80ml) water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (75g) puffed quinoa
- 2¼ cups (270g) rolled oats
- ¾ cup (60g) shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1¼ cups (185g) dried blueberries
- Line a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin with baking paper and set aside. Place the sugar, almond butter, water and vanilla in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the quinoa, oats, coconut, chia, cinnamon and blueberries in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the hot almond butter mixture and mix well to combine. Press the mixture into the prepared tin and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut into squares and serve. Makes 20.
Note: You can store these bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
donna hay team
Hi Ana, CSR Sugar is a specific type of sugar sold here in Australia. It is available at all supermarkets. The DH Team.
What is CSR sugar?