- 2 tablespoons lemon juice150g watermelon, seeded and chopped
- 150g rockmelon (cantaloupe), seeded and chopped
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¾ cup (180ml) water
- To make the basic sugar syrup, place the sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat to high and bring to the boil for 1 minute. Set aside to cool completely (makes 1 cup, but you will only need ½ cup for this recipe). Pour half the cooled sugar syrup and lemon juice into a jug and stir to combine.
- Place the watermelon and half the lemon syrup into a blender and process until smooth. Pour the watermelon mixture into 8 x ⅓ cup-capacity (80ml) ice block moulds, insert ice block sticks and freeze for 4 hours. Place the remaining lemon syrup and the rockmelon into a blender and process until smooth. Pour over the watermelon and freeze for a further 4 hours or until frozen. Makes 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.