vanilla snap biscuits
- 185g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (375g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk, extra
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the flour, egg and extra egg yolk and process until a smooth dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half.
- Roll each piece out between sheets of non-stick baking paper until 5mm thick.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Remove the top sheets of baking paper from the dough. Using a 6cm round cookie cutter, cut shapes from the dough, re-rolling as necessary.
- Place the rounds on lightly greased baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 12–14 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool on trays for 10 minutes before transferring onto wire racks to cool. Makes 44.
There are no comments for this entry yet.