baked tomato eggplant salad
- 500g (about 4) Japanese finger eggplants (aubergines), quartered and sliced
- 700g cherry tomatoes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 x 200g pieces smooth feta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 250g (about 3 thick slices) torn sourdough bread
- 8 sprigs oregano
- ½ cup (8g) mint leaves
- ½ cup (12g) flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves
- ½ cup (10g) basil leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- To make the dressing, combine the oil and vinegar. Set aside.
- Place the eggplant, cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper and half the dressing into a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Place the feta in the centre of a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and arrange the tomatoes and eggplant around it.
- Brush the feta with oil and bake for 20–22 minutes or until the tomatoes start to blister.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bread, oregano and oil and toss to coat. Place the bread and oregano mix on top of the tomatoes and bake for a further 8–10 minutes or until golden. Serve with mint, parsley and basil, and drizzle with the reserved dressing. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.