cacao and puffed quinoa granola
- ¼ cup (25g) raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (280g) hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 3½ cups (105g) puffed quinoa+
- 1 cup (130g) slivered pistachios
- ¼ cup (45g) black chia seeds
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- milk and blueberries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the cacao, maple syrup, vanilla and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk for 2–3 minutes or until warmed through and cacao has dissolved. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add the hazelnut, quinoa, pistachio and chia, mix well to coat and spread evenly over 2 large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Add the coconut, mix to combine and cook for a further 5 minutes or until crisp and golden. Allow to cool. Serve with milk and blueberries. Makes 8 cups.
+ Puffed quinoa can be found in health food stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.