cauliflower crust pizzas
with zucchini and cavolo nero
- ¾ cup (180g) low-fat ricotta
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 100g baby cavolo nero (Tuscan kale) leaves
- 1 zucchini (courgette), thinly sliced
- 12 white anchovies
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
cauliflower pizza bases
- 600g cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup (75g) hazelnut meal (ground hazelnuts)
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). To make the cauliflower pizza bases, place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it resembles fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl, add the hazelnut meal, parmesan, eggs, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Divide the mixture in half and place each half on a lightly greased oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Press out each piece of dough into a 32cm x 25cm rectangle and bake for 20- 25 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Increase oven temperature to 200°C (400°F). Place the ricotta, lemon rind, milk, parmesan, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Spread the ricotta mixture over the base of each pizza. Top each pizza with cavolo nero, zucchini and anchovies. Drizzle with oil and cook for 10–15 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with extra parmesan and serve with chilli flakes. Makes 2.
Tips + Tricks:
To make this pizza as it appears on the cover, press the dough into two rounds, omit the anchovies, replace the chilli flakes with chopped dried chillies and top with Greek-style basil leaves to serve.
There are no comments for this entry yet.