chicken caesar salad
with crispy kale
- 500g (1 lb 2 oz) kale (about 10 stalks), stems removed and leaves torn
- ¼ cup (60ml/2 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400g (14 oz) wholemeal (whole-wheat) sourdough bread (about half a loaf), torn into 2.5cm (1 in) pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, skin on
- 2 x 180g (6¼ oz) chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- ½ cup (140g/5 oz) plain Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- ¼ cup (75g/2½ oz) mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup (8g/¼ oz) flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml/2 fl oz) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 baby cos (Romaine) lettuce (150g/5¼ oz), leaves separated
- ½ cup (40g/1½ oz) finely shaved parmesan
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place the kale in a largebowl and add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Divide between the trays, spread in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes or until very crispy. Allow to cool.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200°C (400°F). Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the bread and garlic in a large bowl and add 1½ tablespoons of the oil. Toss to combine and spread over three-quarters of the tray. Place the chicken in the remaining space on the tray and drizzle with the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. Sprinkle the tray with salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes or until the bread is golden and the chicken is cooked through.
- Squeeze the garlic from its skin into a small bowl and mash into a paste. Add the yoghurt, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Divide the kale, lettuce leaves, croutons and parmesan between serving bowls. Slice the chicken and arrange in the bowls. Drizzle with the dressing to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.