coconut, chia and apricot bliss balls
- 1½ cups (240g) blanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup (25g) LSA mix+
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1½ cups (225g) whole dried apricots
- Place the almonds, vanilla, coconut oil, LSA mix, chia seeds, half the desiccated coconut and 1 cup (150g) of the apricots in a food processor and process for 1–2 minutes or until the mixture comes together. Transfer to a bowl.
- Finely chop the remaining apricot, add to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the remaining coconut on a large plate. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and roll in the coconut to coat. Makes 28
+ LSA is a mixture of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds. Find it in the health food aisle of the supermarket.
Note: The bliss balls will keep refrigerated for 2–3 weeks.
Can this recipe be placed in freezer and if so for how long please ?