creamy pea pasta
- 300g wholewheat penne
- 1 cup (120g) frozen baby peas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 300g baby cavolo nero, trimmed and halved lengthways
- micro (baby) mint, to serve
pea and mint pesto
- 1 cup (140g) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 green onions (scallions), roughly chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ⅓ cup (50g) pine nuts, toasted, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente, adding the peas in the last 30 seconds. Drain, reserving 1½ cups (375ml) of the cooking water and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the pea and mint pesto. Place the peas, mint, onion, water, pine nuts, parmesan, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Heat the oil in the saucepan over high heat. Add the garlic and beans and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the cavolo nero and cook for a further 1–2 minutes or until slightly wilted.
- Add the pasta, pesto and reserved cooking water to the saucepan and gently toss to combine. Top with mint, extra parmesan and extra pine nuts to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.