creamy quinoa and kale bowl
with haloumi and soft-boiled egg
- 1⅓ cups (255g) white quinoa
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 300g kale, trimmed, shredded
- 225g haloumi, sliced
- 2 small avocados, halved
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
creamy tahini dressing
- ½ cup (140g) tahini
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes or until almost tender. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Cook the eggs in a small saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until soft boiled. Refresh in iced water, peel, halve and set aside.
- To make the dressing, place the tahini, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add half the dressing to the quinoa and mix to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the kale and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Add the haloumi to the pan and cook for 1 minute each side or until golden.
- Divide the haloumi, quinoa, kale, egg and avocado between plates. Top with the remaining tahini dressing and sprinkle with chive and pepper to serve. Serves 4–6
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.