tomato, basil and ricotta frittata muffins
- ½ cup (95g) quinoa
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 9 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ cups basil leaves, chopped
- 200g ricotta
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved and quartered
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- store-bought pesto, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the quinoa and water in a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to steam for a further 10 minutes or until cooked. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the eggs and garlic in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the basil, ricotta, onion, tomato, salt, pepper and ¾ cup of the cooked quinoa. Stir until just combined.
- Divide between a 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tin lined with paper cases. Top with the remaining quinoa and cook for 30 minutes or until firm and golden. Serve with pesto. Makes 12
This is genius for folks that have to eat gluten-free…can’t wait to make it.