oat, almond and chia cookies
- 10 fresh dates (150g), pitted
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup (120g) almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place 8 of the dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Drain and mash with a fork. Finely chop the remaining dates and place in a large bowl. Add the mashed dates, oats, milk, cinnamon, egg, almond, chia and maple syrup. Mix well to combine.
- Roll 2 tablespoonfuls of the mixture into a ball and place onto a large lightly-greased baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Flatten slightly. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Cook for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 10
These will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5–7 days.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.