peanut butter, oat and banana pancakes
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 fresh dates (90g), pitted
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds
- 4 bananas
- 1 tablespoon light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- coconut flakes and honey, to serve
- Place the oats, baking powder, peanut butter, eggs, vanilla, dates, chia and 2 of the bananas in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over low heat and brush with a little of the oil. In batches, cook 1⁄3-cups of the pancake mixture for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through, adding the remaining oil as needed. Set aside and keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with paper towel and increase heat to medium. Halve the remaining bananas, press into the sugar and cook, cut-side down, for 2 minutes or until caramelised. Divide the pancakes and banana between plates and serve with coconut and honey. Serves 4.
Personally, I’m not really into pancakes, but i made these for my son as he’s a BIG Donna Hay fan