quinoa and haloumi spring salad
- 1½ cups (285g) white quinoa
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200g haloumi, cut in half
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed, blanched and halved
- 3 baby cucumbers (cukes), quartered
- 1 avocado, sliced
- lemon wedges, to serve
- ⅓ cup (95g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the quinoa and water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and water has been absorbed. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To make the yoghurt dressing, place the yoghurt, mint, parsley, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the quinoa, parsley, mint and half the dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine. Heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the haloumi and cook for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove from heat and slice.
- Divide the quinoa, sugar snap peas, baby cucumber, avocado and remaining dressing between the plates. Top with the haloumi and serve with lemon wedges. Serves 2
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.