roast tomato, basil and haloumi lasagne
- 850g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 3 bunches (800g) English spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 dried wholemeal lasagne sheets
- 100g grated mozzarella
- 200g haloumi, thinly sliced
- basil pesto, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Remove the vines from 600g of the tomatoes and place the loose tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in an 8-cup-capacity (2 litre) baking dish. Cook for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes are softened.
- Place the cooked tomatoes, basil and spinach into a large bowl and toss gently to combine and wilt the spinach.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, cook the lasagne sheets in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 4–5 minutes or until partially cooked. Set aside.
- To assemble, place 2 lasagne sheets in the base of the baking dish. Top with one-third of the tomato mixture and one-third of the mozzarella. Repeat twice, finishing with the remaining lasagne sheets.
- Top with the haloumi and remaining tomatoes on the vine. Cook for 15–20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Top with pesto to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.