salmon green curry
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut water
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised and halved
- 8 thai lime leaves
- 1 long green chilli, halved
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 x 150g fillets skinless salmon
- 1 bunch (300g) bok choy, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups (160g) bean sprouts, trimmed
- shiso leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- ginger brown rice or coconut quinoa, to serve
- 2 eschalots (French shallots), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 cups (100g) baby spinach leaves, blanched
- 6 stalks (stems and roots included) coriander (cilantro), chopped
- To make the curry paste, place the eschalots, garlic, spinach and coriander in a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add
the curry paste and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3–4 minutes
or until aromatic.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut water, lemongrass, lime leaves, chilli and fish sauce. Cover
with a lid and cook for 5–6 minutes or until the mixture comes
to the boil.
- Add the salmon and cook for a further 5–6 minutes
or until cooked to your liking.
- Add the bok choy and cook for 1 minute or until just cooked through. Divide between bowls, top with the bean sprouts, shiso
and lime wedges, and serve with the ginger brown rice or
coconut quinoa. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.