spiced turkey skewers
- 700g turkey mince
- 1 zucchini (courgette), grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- 2 large wholemeal flatbreads
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 lemons, halved
- ½ cup (140g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, shredded
- micro (baby) flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Place the turkey, zucchini, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a patty and repeat with remaining mixture to make about 16 patties. Thread 2 patties each onto sets of 2 skewers. Set aside.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue to medium heat. Lightly brush each of the flatbreads with oil and cook, in batches, for 1 minute each side or until charred. Set aside and keep warm.
- Brush the skewers with the remaining oil and cook, in 2 batches, for 6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cook the lemons, cut-side down, for 4 minutes or until charred.
- Place the yoghurt in a small bowl, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve the skewers with the flatbread, yoghurt, cucumber, lemon and parsley. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.