spicy cucumber and tuna wraps
- 2 telegraph (large) cucumbers
- 1 avocado, seed removed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon shichimi togarashi+, plus extra to serve
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- 150g kale, leaves trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 185g can tuna chunks in chilli oil, drained
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice the cucumbers into strips and set aside. Place the avocado, lemon juice, shichimi togarashi, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using a fork, mash to combine.
- Lay 2 of the strips of cucumber, side by side and overlapping halfway, on a flat surface. Top 1 end with 1 teaspoon of the avocado mixture, a little of the kale, mint, carrot and tuna. Roll to enclose and repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with extra shichimi togarashi for sprinkling. Makes 12
+ Shichimi togarashi is a Japanese spice mix and is available from Asian supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.