steamed ginger fish
with rice noodles and herbed gremolata
- 4cm piece ginger, sliced with a peeler
- 4 x 180g blue-eye cod fillets (or any firm white fish), skin removed
- 4 choy sum leaves
- 450g fresh rice noodle sheets+, cut into 4 pieces
- micro (baby) purple basil leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 small red chilli, seeded
- 1 green onion (scallion), chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lime juice
- To make the gremolata, place the coriander, mint, chilli, onion, soy sauce, sugar and lime juice in a small food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Place 3 slices of ginger on top of each piece of cod and wrap each with a choy sum leaf.
- Place 2 rolls of rice noodles in a bamboo steamer and top with half the cod parcels. Place the steamer over a saucepan of boiling water and cook the parcels for 8–10 minutes. Set aside. Repeat with the remaining noodles and cod parcels. Top with the gremolata and micro basil leaves. Serve with lime wedges. Makes 4.
+ Fresh rice noodles are available from Asian supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.