turkey, kimchi and quinoa rice paper rolls
- ¾ cup (135g) white quinoa
- 1¼ cups (310ml) water
- 1½ cups (300g) kimchi, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 300g turkey mince
- 2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
- 6 large (22cm) rice paper rounds
- 1 bunch English spinach leaves, trimmed
- 100g snow peas (mange tout), blanched, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, plus extra to serve
- Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place 1 cup (200g) of the kimchi in a small food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the turkey and cook, stirring, for 6–8 minutes until lightly browned. Add the tamari and processed kimchi and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Place 1 rice paper round in warm water for 20 seconds to soften. Place on a clean, damp cloth. Layer with a few of the spinach leaves and top with a little of the turkey mixture, quinoa, remaining kimchi, snow peas and coriander.
- Fold over each end and roll to enclose. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 6 rolls. Serve with the extra kimchi and coriander. Makes 6
Photography: Anson Smart
There are no comments for this entry yet.