zucchini and haloumi fritters
with roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup (95g) white quinoa
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 300g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup basil leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 2¼ cups (400g) grated zucchini (courgette)
- ¾ cup (100g) grated haloumi
- ¼ cup (25g) LSA+
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- ⅓ cup basil leaves, extra, chopped
- Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes or until almost tender. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper on a small oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with half the oil and cook for 10 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened.
- Place the eggs, cooked quinoa, zucchini, haloumi, LSA, chives, chopped basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of the zucchini mixture and cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and mixture. Serve fritters with warm roasted tomatoes and crispy basil. Makes 12.
+ LSA is a mixture of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds. Find it in the health food aisle of the supermarket.
There are no comments for this entry yet.