with miso carrot salad
- 4 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 teaspoons black or white sesame seeds
- 500g haloumi, sliced into 1.5cm (about 8 slices)
- extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- 4 burger buns, cut into half
- 4 tablespoon Japanese mayonnaise
- baby spinach, to serve
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
carrot salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- To make the carrot salad dressing, in a large bowl add miso, honey, oil and vinegar and whisk until smooth. Add the carrot and sesame seeds into the dressing and toss coated.
- Heat a large non stick fry pan over medium - high heat. Add the oil and haloumi and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden.
- To serve, spread the mayonnaise onto the bun. Add the spinach, carrot salad, haloumi and top with chilli and green onion. Serves 4
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.