kale, spinach and tofu soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g kale, trimmed and chopped
- 300g baby spinach leaves
- 300g silken tofu, plus extra, cut into cubes, to serve
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- shichimi togarashi+ and radish sprouts (optional), to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and leek and cook stirring for 2–3 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute or until golden. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium, add the kale and spinach and cook for 4–5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add the tofu, beans and lemon juice and, using a hand-held stick blender, blend to a smooth consistency. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and return to medium heat until warmed through.
- Divide between serving bowls, top with the extra tofu, sprinkle with the togarashi and radish sprouts, if using, to serve. Serves 4.
+ Shichimi togarashi (a Japanese spice mixture) is available from Asian supermarkets and grocers.
There are no comments for this entry yet.