basic pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast*
- ¼ teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- ¾ cup (185ml) lukewarm water
- 1½ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- Combine the yeast, sugar and water in a bowl. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes or until bubbles appear.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and stir until it comes together. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside in a warm place for 20–30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.*
* Out-of-date yeast may be inactive, so check the expiry date before using.
** The optimum temperature for the dough to rise is 27°C.
For many years I have tried so many different pizza dough base recipes. But this one….. this one is a winner!! I can make two large thin pizzas with this recipe.
This recipe makes 1 large or 2 small pizzas. Super easy. Tastes good. Will use it again.