chicken meatball soup
with cavolo nero
- 800g chicken mince
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 litres hot chicken stock
- 100g cavolo nero leaves
- Place the chicken, half the garlic, half the onion, the parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Roll tablespoonfuls into balls. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add the meatballs, in batches, and cook, turning, for 2 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the remaining oil, garlic, onion and celery to the pan and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add the stock and return the meatballs to the pan.
- Cover and cook for 10–12 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through. Add the cavolo nero and remove from the heat. Divide the mixture between bowls and top with extra parmesan to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.