chocolate gingerbread dough
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- ½ cup (90g) light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup (230g) golden syrup
- 2⅓ cups (350g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ⅓ cup (35g) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda, sifted
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 10−12 minutes or until pale and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the golden syrup, flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and mixed spice. Beat until a smooth dough forms (see tips, above). Makes 1 quantity
If the dough feels too soft at any stage, you can refrigerate it for a few minutes before continuing. Freeze any leftover dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 2 months.
For cooking time and serving suggestions see recipes below:
There are no comments for this entry yet.