lemon chicken sandwiches
- 12 slices white bread
- butter, for spreading
- 2 cups (320g) chopped cooked chicken
- ¾ cup (225g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons shredded mint leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- whole-egg mayonnaise, extra, for spreading
finely chopped chives
- Spread one side of each bread slices with butter. Place the chicken, mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil, mint, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Divide chicken mixture between half the bread slices and top with remaining bread. Cut sandwiches into small triangles and brush one side with the extra mayonnaise. Press the mayonnaise into the chives to serve. Makes 24.
donna hay team
Hi Shalini, no I wouldn’t suggest it. You can make them in advance and keep them refrigerated for approx 2 hours under a damp tea towel. Enjoy! The DH team
Can these be frozen?