and prosciutto bundles
- 800g green beans, trimmed
- 8 slices prosciutto
- micro (baby) herbs (optional), to serve
almond brown butter dressing
- 60g unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (35g) slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Cook the beans in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1–2 minutes or until just tender. Drain, refresh under cold running water, drain again and divide into 8 even bundles.
- Wrap a slice of prosciutto around a bean bundle, scrunching the prosciutto together to secure. Repeat with the remaining prosciutto and bean bundles.
- To make the almond brown butter dressing, melt the butter in a frying pan over high heat until dark brown. Add the almonds and oil. Cook for 2 minutes or until the almonds are toasted. Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place the bean bundles on a large serving platter. Drizzle the warm dressing over them, scatter with the herbs and serve. Serves 8
This recipe is from Donna’s new series donna hay christmas, exclusive to Disney+
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.