and prosciutto bundles
- 800g (1 lb 7 oz) green beans, trimmed
- 8 slices prosciutto
- micro or small herbs, optional, to serve
almond brown butter dressing
- 60g (2 oz) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (35g/1 oz) slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Cook the beans in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1–2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain, refresh under cold running water. Drain and divide into 8 even bundles.
- Use a slice of prosciutto to wrap around the centre of a bundle of beans and scrunch at the top to secure. Repeat with remaining prosciutto slices and bean bundles.
- To make the almond brown butter dressing, melt the butter in a frying pan over high heat until dark brown. Add the oil and almonds. Cook for 2 minutes or until almonds are toasted. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place the bean bundles on a large serving platter. Drizzle the warm dressing over the bundles, scatter with the herbs and serve. Serves 8
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.