broccoli, pumpkin, sage and
goat’s cheese tart
- 1 x quantity broccoli dough
- 800g (1 lb 12 oz) pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (240g/8½ oz) fresh ricotta
- 16–20 sage leaves
- 150g (5¼ oz) goat’s cheese, broken into large pieces
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Line 2 x 18cm-based 22cm-wide 3cm-high (7 in x 8½ in x 1 in) pie tins with non-stick baking paper. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Divide the dough in half and press evenly over the bases and sides of the pie tins. Place the pumpkin on the baking tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake the tart shells and pumpkin for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Place the eggs, ricotta, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Place the sage and the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a small bowl and toss to coat.
- Divide the roasted pumpkin between the tart shells. Top with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the goat’s cheese and sage. Bake for a further 25–30 minutes or until golden brown and the egg is set.
- Allow tarts to cool slightly in the tins before lifting out and slicing into wedges to serve. Serves 6–8
TIPS + TRICKS
+These tarts are great served either warm or at room temperature with a simple salad of greens.
+The broccoli tart shell won’t crumble like regular pastry, making it the perfect portable picnic food!
+To add a smoky bacon flavour to the tarts, cook 4 trimmed and chopped rashers of bacon in a pan until golden. Sprinkle the bacon into the tart shells with the pumpkin.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.