chickpea and caramelised onion falafels
- ¼ cup (75g) store-bought caramelised onion relish
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- ⅓ cup (50g) self-raising flour
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ⅓ cup (50g) sesame seeds
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- store-bought labne, store-bought dukkah and baby (micro) mint leaves, to serve
- Place the caramelised onion, chickpeas, tahini, lime rind, flour, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until just combined. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls, flatten slightly and roll in the sesame seeds.
- Fill a medium, deep saucepan half-full with oil and place over medium heat until the temperature reaches 160°C on a deep-frying thermometer. Cook the falafels, in batches, for 2–3 minutes or until golden and crunchy. Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve with labne, dukkah and mint. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.