- 500g savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded+
- 3 stalks celery, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- ¾ cup (225g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt and black cracked pepper
- To make the mustard-mayonnaise dressing, place the mayonnaise, mustard powder, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, celery, green and white onion and toss to combine. Transfer the slaw to a serving dish and top with parmesan to serve. Serves 4
+ To shred carrot use a julienne peeler. This looks like a conventional vegetable peeler, but has little ‘teeth’ that help create strips of vegetables.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.