crispy eggplant and pesto burger
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1½ cups (285g) quinoa flakes
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 8 x 1cm rounds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 wholemeal seeded bread rolls, halved
- ½ cup (130g) store-bought basil pesto
- 250g cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 125g buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- ½ cup basil leaves
- Place the eggs, garlic, salt and pepper ina bowl and whisk to combine. Place the quinoa flakes in a separate bowl.
- Working with one eggplant slice at a time, dip the eggplant into the egg mixture and theninto the quinoa flakes, pressing to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook half the eggplant for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Repeat with remaining oil and eggplant.
- Spread the base of each roll with the pesto. Place a layer of eggplant and tomato on each base and repeat to make 2 layers. Top with the mozzarella, zucchini, basil and remaining tomato.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and sandwich with the remaining roll halves to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.