fennel, cumin and coriander lamb skewers
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup coriander seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1kg lamb rump, trimmed and cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- mint leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the fennel and coriander seeds in a mortar and pound with a pestle until fine. Add the cumin, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium heat. Place the lamb, oil and half to the spice mixture in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Thread the lamb onto 8 metal skewers and cook for 3 minutes each side or until charred and cooked through. Sprinkle the lamb with the remaining spice mixture and serve with mint leaves and lemon. Serves 4.
+ To toast the spices, place them in a small frying pan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes or until fragrant.
There are no comments for this entry yet.