lamb and mint sausage rolls
- ½ cup (35g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- ½ cup finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 egg
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, extra, lightly beaten
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- tomato sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Place the breadcrumbs, mince, onion, mint, lemon rind, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to combine. Divide the mince mixture into 4 equal portions and cut each pastry sheet in half.
- Place the lamb mixture down the centre of each pastry half and roll to enclose leaving, the ends open. Place on 2 lightly greased baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Brush with the extra egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool slightly. Cut into 8 rolls and serve with tomato sauce. Makes 8.
They only sausage roll recipe I use now. My family love it and they get so many compliments on how yummy they are!
I made some modifications to this recipe and the sausage rolls turned out great! Added 3 teaspoons of mint sauce and caramelised the onions.
Very disappointed with this recipe. Lacked flavour! Will try again but will add caramelized onion relish for extra flavour.