- 1kg sausage mince
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup (80ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 500g or 3 ready-rolled sheets puff pastry
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- sesame seeds to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Combine the mince, eggs, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry to 3 mm (1/8 in) thick and cut into 12cm (5 in) x 24 cm (10 in) pieces or cut each ready-rolled pastry sheet in half. Divide the sausage mixture into six equal portions, roll into sausage shapes and place down the centre of each piece of pastry.
- Roll to enclose, placing the pastry seam underneath.Cut the sausage rolls into thirds and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush with the egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Makes 18
I made these this weekend and they were perfect!
I’ve made these on 3 occasions and each time they have been far too liquidy. The mixture doesn’t feel too wet, but once baking they end up in puddles of liquid making them soggy. I have followed the recipe exactly. Why would this be happening?