- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 5cm-piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut cream
- 500g firm tofu, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g green tea noodles+
- 3 cups (75g) kale leaves, shredded
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 2 long green onions (scallions), shredded
- 1 avocado, quartered
- coriander (cilantro) leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- Place the kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, fish sauce, ginger and salt in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the coconut cream and pulse to combine. Place half the lemongrass mixture in a large bowl. Add the tofu and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- While the tofu is marinating, cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until cooked. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat, add the tofu and cook for 8–10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Divide the noodles, tofu, kale, sesame seeds, cucumber, onion and avocado between bowls. Top with the remaining lemongrass mixture and coriander and serve with lime wedges. Serves 4
+ Green tea noodles are available from Asian grocery stores and some supermarkets.
Photography: Ben Dearnley
There are no comments for this entry yet.