pea and quinoa falafel
- 3 cups (420g) frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups (420g) cooked quinoa
- 1½ cups (24g) mint leaves
- 1 cup (24g) flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- thinly sliced watermelon radish, wild leaf rocket (arugula) and marinated feta, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Place the peas between absorbent kitchen paper and press to drain any excess moisture.
- Place the peas, quinoa, mint, parsley, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until very finely chopped.
- Roll 2 tablespoonfuls of the mixture into patties and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush each patty with oil and bake for 35–40 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Divide the falafel between plates and serve with watermelon radish, rocket and marinated feta. Makes 16
With help from some standby frozen quinoa and peas, you can whip these up in no time!
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.