portuguese-style barbecued seafood platter
- 1½ tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1½ teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- ¾ cup (180ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 x 375g raw blue swimmer crabs
- 4 scallops on the half shell
- 6 green (raw) king prawns (shrimp), shells intact and halved lengthways
- 4 sardines, filleted
- 6 small squid tubes, cleaned
- 500g mussels, cleaned
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- lemon wedges and aioli (optional), to serve
- Preheat a large chargrill pan or barbecue over high heat. Place the smoked and sweet paprika, the chilli, garlic, lemon rind, oil and vinegar in a small bowl and mix to combine. Reserve and set aside ¼ cup (60ml) of the dressing.
- Place the crabs, scallops, prawns, sardines, squid and mussels in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with the paprika dressing and toss to coat.
- Add the crabs to the grill and cook, covered+, for 5 minutes each side. Set aside and keep warm. Add the scallops, shell-side down, and cook, covered, for 3 minutes. Set aside and keep warm. Add the prawns, sardines and squid and cook for 1–2 minutes each side or until charred and just cooked. Set aside and keep warm. Add the mussels and cook, covered, for 1–2 minutes or until opened.
- Place the seafood onto a large serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with the reserved dressing. Serve with lemon wedges and aioli, if you like. Serves 2
+ If using a barbecue, close the lid to cover. If using a chargrill pan, cover with a tight-fitting lid or a large metal bowl.
There are no comments for this entry yet.