with smoked salmon and creamy buttermilk dressing
- 350g sebago (starchy) potatoes, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup tarragon leaves
- 1 x quantity basic waffle batter (see method)
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
- ¼ cup (60g) crème fraîche
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 240g sliced smoked salmon
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (40g) caperberries
- 2 cups (30g) watercress sprigs
- finely grated fresh horseradish, to serve
- Add the potato and tarragon to the waffle batter and fold to combine. Preheat a lightly greased waffle maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cook ¾ cup (180ml) of the waffle batter for 7–8 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 waffles.
- While the waffles are cooking, place the buttermilk, crème fraîche, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Divide the waffles between serving plates, top with the salmon, onion, caperberries, watercress and horseradish. Drizzle with the dressing to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.